Friday, December 3, 2010

Gobble Till you Wobble
















This year was about the same as the years past just a little more organized and smooth running. I think I finally got the hang of things! This year I made a new sweet potato recipe and it was the hit of the day. I don't know if it was the new recipe or the fact that I went with real sweet potatoes this year either way it was DELICIOUS. We held it at our house and my mom and Jaymes family joined us and we had more food than we needed ( Which was nice, no cooking for a week after!)
The weekend before Thanksgiving we went to Highland for the Allen Thanksgiving dinner and enjoyed catching up with all of the Crazy people we call family :)
And of course we had to join the rush of madness on Friday morning for the Black Friday sales! Word of Advice after a few years of doing it the main things to remember
  • Do your research to make sure it's really that good of a deal
  • Make a list ( I do mine in a manner of importance so know what to fight for lol)
  • Bring assistence you can't be in all the places at once
  • Arrive at least a half an hour to an hour early so you can scout out everything and on the same note come back late in the morning and browse without the crowds for things you might have missed in the choas :)

We where happy to get everything we went after! We are going to have one happy little girl come christmas.

I hope your Thanksgiving was as equally good..

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got every thing you wanted. We did have a great thanksgiving glad you did to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the shopping; next year I'll take your advice.

    ReplyDelete