Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hitting the slopes!














































I am so grateful for a husband who knows when I need a break! On Christmas Eve I had a "list" I wanted to accomplish before Christmas. Mainly clean the house and get the goody plates delivered. Jayme knowing I needed to chill and actually have a family day loaded up the car with ice fishing gear and we headed out. Lucky for me the road was closed and he didn't want to take the long way so we found ourselves in Brian Head and decided to check out the tubing hill.
One look at it and I said no way are we going in less I can be with Leta. Long story short they don't allow double passengers and don't have any set age limits, it is left to the parents discretion on whether there child can safely participate. Obviously I stood my ground and said NO Jayme on the other hand declared " What are Dad's for? To raise tough confident children!" So there I stood helplessly next to my child praying she would make it down alive and emotionally intact at the bottom. Okay, so maybe I am a bit over dramatic in the telling of it. But seriously I was scared silly for her. And as you can imagine she breezed through it without tears or injuries and we enjoyed two hours of uninterrupted family time.
So a lesson to all of you sometimes Dad's do know when to push mom aside and help his kid(s) spread there wings :)

2 comments:

  1. So FUN!
    How much $$ is it to go on the Tube hill? I think this family needs to go as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fifteen a person for two hours :) Any child under fifty pounds can sit inside fifty pounds and up they have you lay on your belly so you can drag your feet to control the speed.

    ReplyDelete