Wednesday, December 22, 2010

.:.Storybook Parade and a visit to St. Nick himself.:.





































Leta's first year to Santa was a breeze slapped her adorable Santa dress on and plopped her in his arms, easy peazy. The next year we stumbled across a Santa while in Vegas and she nervously sat through a photo, but when I took her to get it in her Christmas outfit it resulted in me holding her screaming next to Santa. So this year I turned to my favorite parenting tactic to insure a good photo...bribery! And no judging me you would be lying to yourself and everyone else if you deny not falling on the beautiful art of bribery at least once in your "Parenting Journey" ;) So I told her if she sat next to him and took a picture she not only would get a candy cane, but anything she wanted for Christmas, which I new was a safe bribe to resort to since all she wants is Toy Story paraphernalia. So we arrive and another little girl was taking her turn so we used that as a chance to show her how safe he was and when it came her turn she bravely sat there and gave me a cute smile while whispering the whole time "Toy Story, Toy Story" over and over!
Then it was on to the parade, and let me tell you it takes an insane person to sit in the cold to watch a parade for the sake of a few minutes of fun for a child and yet there we sat snapping videos and pictures of all the cute expressions Leta made at the site of some of her favorite characters. Insane? Yep!
*Santa picture will be added later it needs to be scanned :)

2 comments:

  1. That is to funny, Only because it is something I would do. However Elijah was more then happy to visit Santa this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story about Leta and Toy Story. Trent enjoyed it as well. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete