Sunday, November 28, 2010

Do you leave Buttprints in the sand??


So I am the first to admit that at times of great trials my Faith isn't what it should be. But After the last 6 weeks or so I have found myself humbled and a bit more on the Grateful side :)
No need to bore you with my troubles so I will skip to the part where I was starting to wonder what the point of staying on the right path was. If I work my butt off doing everything right you know the drill...reading the scriptures, prayer, temple attendance, church attendance, service Etc... you get the idea and life still kicked my butt then why not just slack a little and ease my load and take life for what it was.
This is where the humbling comes in. After some amazing lessons on Faith and Thanksgiving in R.S I realized one my scripture and temple attendance and such where definitely not where they should be and two I was to busy counting my trials and not my blessings. Which some where one in the same when looked at the right way!
Okay so this isn't coming out like I wanted so I will stop and get to the title of my post, which I am assuming your intrigued by what I meant by it. Well after trying to change my outlook and be more valiant in the things of the Lord and "Count my many blessings" I came across this poem and it hit home for me so enjoy :) ....

"Buttprints in the sand,"
Author Unknown

"One night I had a wondrous dream, One set of footprints there was seen, The footprints of my precious Lord, But mine were not along the shore. But then some strange prints appeared, And I asked the Lord, 'What have we here?' Those prints are large and round and neat 'But Lord, they are to big for my feet.'
'My child,' he said in somber tones, 'For miles I carried you along. I challenged you to walk in Faith, But you refused and made me wait.' 'You disobeyed, you would not grow, the walk of Faith you would not know, So I got tired, I got fed up, And there I dropped you on your butt.'
'Because in life, there comes a time, When one must fight, and one must climb, when one must rise and take a stand, or leave there buttprints in the sand.' "

So here is my new look on life, I don't want to leave buttprints in the sand anymore so I am going to get off my butt dust the sand off and continue in Faith for a better tomorrow. For I know I have allot to learn and even more to be grateful for!

2 comments:

  1. :) Good thoughts Kara.
    I think I need to hear this too. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem is cute, but for the the Lord doesn't get tired or fed up. He drops me on my butt because it is time for my to stand on my own two feet. I am hoping this period in my life still qualifies as a being carried along time and not one of sitting. My terrible vision precludes me from seeing clearly in the moment. We all go through hard times and I pray that yours will be for your benefit.

    ReplyDelete