Thursday, December 30, 2010

CHRISTMAS!!









































































































































Okay so I have been putting this off due to the fact how much pictures I wanted to download and the fun stories, but finally I buckled down and did. So here it is Christmas at the Allen's household!
So after the day on the slopes (prior post) we came home grabbed up the goodie plates and headed out to deliver. I love this part of the holidays and seeing how happy it makes people, this year we had to cut back on the people we delivered to which was sad for me :( Then we got home and my wonderful husband helped pitch in and get the house clean for me ( anyone who knows me knows that's all I need to be happy!) Then silly me sat us all down and tried explaining to Leta about the Christmas story in the Bible and how we where going to read about Jesus. All she cared was the present she already spotted for Christmas Eve so I let her open it and then preceded to read the Christmas story and The night before Christmas which I don't think she heard a word of any of it. But that's what traditions are for right :) Eventually it will sink in and she will be the one reading it! Anyhow then it was on to Grandpa and Grandma Allen's for games and fun, but first we made sure to leave goodies out for Santa.
We where worried about Leta waking up and hitting the presents without us since she has a habit of waking up and playing before I hear her. So we set the alarm an hour or two before she was to wake and brought her in between us. Once awake and ready I set Jayme out in the living room with the camcorder and waited with Leta. Santa brought a mini power quad and my mom and I got Woody and Buzz stuffed dolls, all of which I was expecting a huge response from. Instead she was so focused on daddy and the camera that she didn't even see the stash and once we got her attention on it she was so thrilled she just sat with a goofy grin looking at it all. I got a picture of her when she got brave enough to reach out and touch the bike her face says it all :)
The funny thing was in the excitement I forgot about her stocking and she was cruising on her bike then stops and says "MOM, Elmo!!!" pointing at her stocking boy was she excited. (That's what is with the picture of her pointing)
After a slow process of opening her presents and such we where finally ready for round two at Grandma and Grandpa Allen's. She was over the moon for new dollies and a bunch of baby furniture but the play guns stole the show and she spent the day shooting "Deer and ducks and skunks, Mom!
And the best part of course was the Christmas dinner, YUMMY!
Well that about covers it, I have a bunch of cute short videos, but can't get them to download :(

1 comment: