Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What ups in the Allens house??




























I feel like its been awhile since I have blogged about the little things around here so here is a not so brief catch up...
After spending over two months without hot water I really learned how to make a pot of boiled water stretch and get the most use out of my work. And before we could even get that fixed we had our furnace take a vacation our washer break and our Internet crash all in a weeks time! But I am happy to report that it has all been repaired and we are back in the land of civilization and enjoying every minute of it :)
Some big changes have occurred and sent our routine topsy turvy, but we are slowly adjusting and finding happiness in the new way of things. Jayme now goes to school during the day, he goes Mon.-Thurs. taking Friday off. Two of the days he has one class and the other two he has one. It has been a challenge handling things solo so he has time for class and homework which he has plenty of and of course he still works full time. And to add to the chaos I have taken on watching my friends two little boys in the mornings Mon.-Fri. while there dad is in class. The first week was pretty horrible with the two toddlers sick (Leta and Karsin) and me still recovering from the horrible virus. Then the second week was allot of fighting to determine the pecking order as Jayme says and finally where in our third week and doing very well! Where hoping the extra money will help keep us afloat, dang economy :( Good thing I found the blogs to help save us money and keep our budget in check!
Leta has been such a blessing as I have found myself down every so often about the want of another rugrat. But she doesn't leave me much time to wallow in self pity for she is such a character she keeps us all laughing. She is a very big girl and isn't afraid to tell you. She can say her name and what daddy's and Mommy's names our, our ages as well as her own (even though she thinks it's funny to try and convince me daddy is two sometimes) and our eye colors (something she learned in nursery). We have learned her favorite color is Blue and Green mostly Green and she LOVES her veggies but not much for meat other than chicken. Shocking I know, some of her favorites..pickled beets :( olives, green beans well any bean for that matter. She has been know to eat black beans for breakfast more than once! And fruit is a close second to her veggies, I am one lucky mom to have a toddler who eats such a variety. She has even improved on her sleep habits, she got a new bed and all new Toy Story bedding and now loves bedtime and will even come tell me she is sleepy if I lose track of time. This is a feat for her she used to fight me for hours!! And as you can tell by her bedding Toy Story is still a full fledged obsession with her. We are going to be painting her room this weekend to off white and putting up a Toy Story valance on her window and her Buzz and Woody pictures she is stoked. She has gotten so much hair! Check out the pigtails (we where headed to church, and if you look close she is wearing rain boots!) Her rain boots are another obsession with her, and I pick my battles and let her strut her stuff in them. Someone this cute can pull off any fashion statement. Another thing she has picked up on is she can repeat phrases from her favorite books, I caught her "reading" her Elmo book that is super short to herself from memory.
Well I suppose I better wrap this up before I turn it into a novel. Hope all is well in your world my fellow bloggers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment