Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Deal or No Deal??















Okay so as most of you know I am a very frugal person and find it thrilling to save a buck! And as I follow more to the rules shown in the blogs I follow ( see side bar) and save on things to add to my mini food storage I find I am spending less since I only shop when the deals are there. Of course we stop in for our essential..milk and fresh produce. Which I learn to stretch as well, if you mix a gallon of Vitamin D (Red top) milk with a gallon of powder you can't taste it at all and you made two for cheaper than you can buy up town :)
So I have had people ask how I do it so here is a example. I have done allot better trips in the past, but I am still happy with this so I will stick with the most current shopping trip of today's.
First off we stopped in at Walgreen's and although the sale advertised in the blog didn't match ours I tweaked it where I still got a steal of I deal. I got 3 boxes of Kleenex's (110 count) for .89 cents which I had a .50 cent off 3 coupon to pair them with next was a bottle of Pedia Care cold medicine which was 5.99 with a $4.oo R.R (Register Reward: A coupon they print giving you 4 bucks to spend on your next purchase over that price on your next trip) and I paired it with a dollar of coupon making it equivalent to paying .99 cents!!! And to finish off the transaction I had a $2. R.R from another trip I redeemed. So once the coupons where used and my R.R redeemed and my new one printed I got 3 boxes of tissues and kids cold medicine for $1.68!!
Then Wal Mart...I could have saved more, but there was stuff I needed that wasn't paired with a coupon. For example the mini chocolate milks, it's a habit of ours to get it every time where at Wal Mart it is sooo yummy. And Leta got stickers for her potty training rewards and Ramen noodles for her favorite lunch. Anyway back on track, some big coupons I redeemed where BOGO free on Orange juice and Soy sauce and more on the small side .55 cents of shout and a dollar off the dressing. (Most of this went in our "storage"). And last, but not least Smiths. They are typically the ones I shop for most my deals I love there sales! I splurged here because I am taking a 11 hr. road trip in a month and will need goodies. They had get 10 items and get five dollars off at the Register. Making the Goldfish Crackers .99 cents and the Propel and Sobe .49 Cents. And we never leave Smiths without Checking the Managers table for sales and we scored a sixty pack of diapers for 10 bucks because the box was damaged ( a $7. savings) and a bottle of cleaner for $1.(it came with .75 cents off now tag on it!) and I even got Jayme his favorite slice cheese for .49 cents!
Okay so that was allot of rambling, but I hope I got the point across :)
So the total I am sure your wondering for this is....
  • 3 boxes of Kleenex
  • 1 bottle of Pedia Care cold meds
  • 3 bottles of Propel water
  • 1 bottle of Sobe
  • 1 box of diapers (60 ct./ Size 6)
  • 1 bottle of cleaner
  • 5 boxes of Goldfish Crackers
  • 1 Package of slice cheese
  • Toy Story Pez dispenser (Again for the road trip)
  • 2 packages of Mallow bites (.59 cents a pkg. on discount table)
  • 2 containers of O.J
  • 2 lg. bottles of Soy Sauce
  • .99 cent stickers
  • 3 cartons of Chocolate milk
  • 1 bottle of Shout
  • 4 packages of Ramen Noodles
  • 1 box of butter
  • 1 container of B. Soda
  • 1 bottle of Salad Dressing

Coming to a Grand total of $39.74 :)

So the question is this a deal or no deal??

1 comment: