Wednesday, March 3, 2010

So Long Dear Friend...



With Leta turning 18 months we realized the time has come to end the binks once and for all, to say I am nervous is an understatement. Not to mention sad. The binks has been around since the beginning! (we introduced it to stop her from sucking her thumb)
For the past few months it has been banned to her crib only, and an occasionally silencer in church. And now its time to eliminate entirely. I have drug my feet on weaning her since it was just for helping her to sleep and frankly I feel like a beast for taking away my baby's...okay toddlers beloved binks.
I figured start slow and end the binks with nap time first then when that was overcome we would send it away for good, like attached to a balloon so she knows its gone and not coming back.
Here is where you my fellow bloggers come in handy. What ways did you find useful to end the binks addiction? any advice is welcomed.
( I am leaving town for a week so we have about a week and half before we actually start)

4 comments:

  1. One kiddo got his taken out of his mouth and chucked, because it was a only-at-nap-time thing and it wasn't nap time. It fell behind the TV and was never seen from again. (okay, it really was behind a picture, but he didn't know that.)
    My brother had his kid take it to the BIG trashcan (Outside one) and throw it in himself.
    Kayla was a slow fazing out. She was always losing it and I wouldn't find it. When I did find it, it had been a few days so I threw it away. She just never found it, never got it back.
    All fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids didn't use Binky's, so sorry I can't help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some friends who drilled their sons binky to the wall at his mouth height. The only way he was able to suck on it was if he put his face to the wall. Nobody likes facing the wall so he eventually stopped sucking within a day or two. I've never had a problem with binkys so I can't go on personal experiences. Good luck and have fun in SL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thats funny, knowing her determination she would either find a way around it or just stand there and stare at the wall!

    ReplyDelete