Monday, March 22, 2010

Binks, Bears and Wedding Bells


Okay so I have gotten behind on my daily account of our binky adventure, I know you are heart broken :)
So to start with we had to head back down to SLC for a wedding, uuggg! So I headed up a day earlier with Leta and she did fairly well with no binks, but that night when mommy wanted a night out at the movies she decided that she was going to morph into this little demon child who would not be content to sleep with her stupid broken Bink's. I ended up sitting in the lobby fuming and wondering was it wrong of me to miss my single days when I could be selfish and only think about myself. So to make a long story short I got pissed off and had a mommy melt down moment on the way home and rolled down the car window and told Leta "Fine you want to be a brat then say goodbye to your Bink's!" and tossed them out. I felt huge guilt when her mouth dropped open and her eyes bugged out and she stammered "ma, ma, mama!" and let out a ear splitting scream and sobs, whoops..What did I do! But despite all trauma it has been almost three days and we are doing better each day. Knowing it is gone has made a tremendous difference. We still have a good cry before sleep takes over, but I do believe the worst is over!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

While in SLC we went to the International Sportsmen Expo, as you can imagine it was heaven on earth for rednecks like us!
It was a blast. Leta loved the booths who fawned over her and gave her treats and better yet the ones who had there hunting dogs with them she could cuddle. The only part she didn't like was the water dog competition. People would take there dogs up to the plank and throw the toy out into the pool and see how far they could jump into the water, it was amazing the skill some of those dogs had the farthest we saw jump was 25 feet and 4 inches, holy crap! Poor Leta would smile and clap until they took a flying leap into the water she then would cry and scream "Bad!" until they got out and she would be fine again. I have no clue what that was about. My favorite part was when my dear husband let me convince him that getting the chance to hold a baby bear was worth the fifteen dollars it cost to get to hold them for a picture. It was adorable, the cub was using my thumb as a binky, AWWWW!
We had so much fun that we where almost late for the wedding ( the main reason we went) but we got there and enjoyed seeing family. It was sad after the wedding we went over to his Uncles house to visit and bathe Leta. While there their grandson took a tumble off the couch on to the marble coffee table, not good! he ended up with three staple in his head :(..( He was the son of the groom, what a honeymoon!)
Well I guess this long enough, so good day my blogging friends!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the whole throwing the binky out the window! so funny :) hope things work out for you!

    ReplyDelete