Monday, November 9, 2009

Queen Bee

I haven't posted just to brag for awhile so beware this is going to be full of how awesome my little one is and how she is such a genius, okay now you have been warned here it is..
Leta has defiantly reached the toddler stage in life and is spending her days contemplating the best ways to outsmart me and have a little fun



She has a new love of babies and will finally play with her doll Grandma Allen got her for her birthday and has me wrap her up so she can rock her and will break into tears of devastation when Shasta snatches her away. Anything mommy and daddy does she mimics, which often makes us laugh. For example the other day when her and daddy where dancing to music I am a nut came on and when he snapped along she squeezed her hand together trying to snap hers and when we sing BINGO she will clap along, it's so fun!
She has learned a love of books from me and enjoys her nightly cuddle and reading time together and I have just recently been finding her in her room with a couple books "reading" to herself or even Shasta, like I was saying about being a genius :)



Now she is a toddler she can do everything herself, at least she thinks so. She has to help pick out her clothes and during bath she needs a little soap to wash her feet and tummy with and she loves to wash her own hair now. If she finds a comb she will brush her hair (which she finally has enough to style a little with!) or toenail clippers she will pretend to cut them and Q-tips she will stick them up her nose ( I use them to pick out boogies) what can I say I am obsessed with keeping her well maintained and she has picked up on it, not a bad habit though, right?





Shasta remains her favorite around here, we have got an indoor kennel for Shasta but she has trouble finding alone time in it. Leta thinks its a playhouse just for her and its not unusual at all to see both chillaxin in it like the queen bees they are.



Some fun things that she has learned is a few new words mostly STOP or NO! She hears me telling Shasta that and will say STOP and pat her hip ( sign language for dog) poor pup just looks at her like what? Or if she catches her on furniture she pulls her off and says NO! She can be a bit bossy at times.
She can sign Milk (for her its also water or drink period) dog, Bath, Sleep and she is learning please now. She didn't like the sign for more or all done I guess because she just says moe for more and a dun for all done. Which between the signs and the few words she has learned we get a better understanding and less tantrums. And if they fail pointing is used and we play the guessing game until we pick the right thing she was pointing at.
Well I suppose I have rambled enough about her now so to close this novel I will post a few cute pics..



3 comments:

  1. The picture of her in the tub scheming is classic. She is so cute. In the last pic she looks so much like her father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately she has started looking more and more like him. I guess its only fair she has taken after me long enough haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love all the pictures:) What a smarty pants you have!

    ReplyDelete