Saturday, April 30, 2011

Until we meet again...

On April 7th the world lost a great man, Frank Hindle Cowley left this world of pain and went home again. As much as it hurts to have him gone from this world, I know that he is finally out of misery and pain free for the first time in a long time. He has spent the last 14 years alone and I can only imagine the joyous reunion that took place :)
A spur of the moment decision found me in the chapel with my Mom, Aunts and Cousin preparing to dress him for burial. I can imagine that this wouldn't be for everyone, but for me it was a very spiritual event and very healing experience. One I will treasure forever.
Before coming up for the funeral it came time to tell Leta why we where going and we explained simply that PopPop was now with Jesus and not here with us any longer. Short and simple remember she is 2 how much could she get? We found out a few days later when my mom had returned home from a visit at our place and Jayme asked Leta "Where did Grandma go?" which she replied "Home" And Jayme said "Where is home?" and she said "with PopPop" and Jayme said "Oh, PopPops at her home" and she said "NO, PopPop is with Jesus in the Temple!" Apparently our previous talks about how the Temple is the house of the Lord and an ideal place to feel Jesus had sunk in enough that when she was told he was with Jesus it had to be in the Temple :)
And at the funeral she said "PopPops my Angel now" It broke my heart!
So Until We Meet again PopPop we love you and will miss you everyday...



Our traditional shot :)
Jayme and his "girls" ;)


Group shot of the Cowley Clan
Pallbearers and Honorary Pallbearers
The Authentic Bagpiper :)
All five of PopPops kids...


Leta saying her Goodbyes :(

Glimpses into the life of an amazing man..

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute Sis. Couldn't have done better myself. My favorite is where you and Leta are squatting down by the casket(cemetary). Love and Miss You PopPop.

    ReplyDelete