Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cutting the Apron Strings..




I have always heard to be careful what you wish for, now I know why! Growing up I always envied the kids who could grab life by the horns with little thought to the consequences and let it play out whatever it may be. I am a planner I like organized, thoughtful and most of all safe. The only thing I love to do without much thought is road trips I am a gypsy at heart. And of course being a mom has only made me that much more manic on planning, schedules and above all safety. So of course life gave me a child with a wild spirit who aches to push the boundaries and test her limits. Now don't get me wrong she is a very tender sweet girl who obeys well and gives me little grief, but her eyes cry out for adventure I have a hard time denying her. I mean after all that's what always wanted for myself, right? So with butterflies in my stomach and my teeth and fists clenched I set her free to spread her wings and find herself, test her limits! Of course I think through every possibility and try to plan for everything that could go wrong, but I let her go non the less.
Up to this point the biggest thing I have let her do is tubing all on her own, I still think they are a little insane for allowing them to ride alone, but she survived and loved every minute of it. Next hurdle came this weekend(April 2nd) when we where at the Las Vegas flea market and came across pony rides. She LOVES horses and makes stick ponies out of everything. And being that Grandma Cindy has them makes it funner since she is used to the creatures, although she has never actually done more than sit on one. Once I found out it was only three bucks for a 15 min ride and she was captivated by them I caved. Then I found out the parents couldn't walk along :( But they assured me the little pony had the best harness to hold her and though one of the faster ones who liked to push its own limits I let her go with a confident smile and wouldn't you know it she rode like a champ and giggled with pure delight over it.
So baby girl I vow to never stop you from grabbing life my the horns and conquering everything in your path. Enjoy living out your dreams and I will be there to cheer you no matter how scared I may be :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Hannah pushes those limits all the time. Some times I don't think I give her enough credit with the things both her and Elijah are capable of doing.

    ReplyDelete