Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rooooaaar!!!!!















































































Halloween was a blast this year, Leta finally caught on this year. And boy was she excited! With a bunch of different things going on I was to busy to get a pumpkin sooner so just a few days before Halloween I decided to forget the pumpkin patch and head to the store and Leta pick out a few pumpkins. She was disgusted with "guts" and didn't want to "hurt" her pumpkin so I pulled out her pumpkin decorations (they resemble Mr. Potato head pieces) and she went all serious decorating them her way! On Friday we dressed her up and did the Trunk or Treat at the dealerships. It was fun, but boy was some of them packed! And Saturday we went for round two and I took her around the neighborhood to show off her cute outfit and despite the cold weather she decided for candy it was worth it. As soon as that was done we headed to the local spooky hayride..lame enough Leta didn't even get spooked hahaha. And from there we headed to town and caught the end of the Christian Halloween carnival ( I think it was called Hallelujah night or something) where Leta enjoyed free bounce houses, carnival games and free food! ( We got the last two hot dogs and ate them plain since the buns already ran out). All in all it was a blast and she was super tuckered out.
A special thing about this years outfit was again it was homemade but first I wore it! That's right, it was my costume from when I was 2 1/2 :) It needed a new tail a few torn seams patched and the mane touched up but not bad for it's age.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Leta didn't want to hurt her pumpkin. My kids couldn't wait to hack into theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Leta looks just like you when you were her age! Assuming that is you in the first picture. She makes an adorable lion!

    ReplyDelete